Steps to Connect Fiber Internet Service
Connecting to Fiber Internet Service:
- Make sure both your router and ethernet power injector are plugged into power (a power strip with surge protection is highly recommended).
- Check that your power is live and the surge protector is turned on and functional. In most cases you will see an indicator light on the front of the ethernet power injector. If there is no power try another outlet or surge protector.
- Plug the CAT5 ethernet cable that runs from your Fiber Box into the injector port labeled “POE.”
- Connect the ethernet cable to the power injector port labeled “LAN” or “IN” and to the Internet port on the router. Do not plug this ethernet cable into the “POE” port.
- Service should now be active on the router for Wi-Fi and/or direct connection via any open Ethernet port on the router.
Steps to Troubleshoot Fiber Internet Service Issues
Troubleshooting Fiber Internet Service:
- Check that your power is live and the surge protector is turned on. In most cases you will see an indicator light on the front of the ethernet power injector. If there is no power, try another outlet and/or surge protector. If power is present, go to step 2.
- Check that all cabling is aligned with the steps earlier in this document for connecting to fiber internet service (see above).
- Unplug the power to both your router and ethernet power injector from their electrical outlet/power strip, and then wait 3 – 5 minutes with both devices unplugged. Power should drain completely from the injector and the light should go out. The display should also go out on the Fiber Box:
- Plug the ethernet power injector power cord back into the electrical outlet/power strip. In most cases, you will see an indicator light on the front of the injector.
- Plug the router power cord back into the electrical outlet/power strip, so that both the router and injector are receiving power.
- The fiber box should have a power indicator light come on and the display should appear again after a few moments.
- After power is restored to both the radio and the router, you can test the Internet Service with a CAT5 ethernet cable plugged into any open port on the router and plug into the desktop or laptop computer ethernet port.
- Ensure no concurrent traffic is running on the computer or other devices, then conduct a speed test by going to the following Link – https://openspeedtest.com/
- If the speed test fails or if the Internet service is not working properly, please contact Technical Support at 719.937.7700 option 3 or Support@AristataCommunications.com.