1. Make sure both your router and Power Over Ethernet box are plugged into power (a power strip with surge protection is highly recommended).
2. Check that your power is live and/or the surge protector is turned on. In most cases you will see an indicator light on the side of the Power Over Ethernet box (Black Box below).
3. Plug the black CAT5 cable that runs inside from your exterior radio dish into the Power Over Ethernet box port labeled “POE” or “OUT”. Do not plug the CAT5 cable (blue cable) into the Power Over Ethernet POE or OUT port.
4. Connect the blue ethernet cable to the Power Over Ethernet box port labeled “LAN” or “IN” and to port 1 on the router. Do not plug the blue ethernet cable into the Power Over Ethernet box “POE” or “OUT” port.
5. Service should now be active on the router for Wi-Fi and/or direct connection via any open Ethernet port on the router.
Troubleshooting Fixed Wireless Internet Service:
1. Unplug the power to both your router and Power Over Ethernet box from their electrical outlet/power strip.
2. Wait 3 – 5 minutes with both devices unplugged.
3. Plug the Power Over Ethernet box power cord back into the electrical outlet/power strip. In most cases, you will see an indicator light on the side of the Power Over Ethernet box.
4. Plug the router power cord back into the electrical outlet/power strip.
5. After power is restored to both the radio and the router, test the Internet Service with a CAT5 Cable plugged into any open port on the router and plugged into the desktop or laptop computer CAT5 port.